IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
GEOCENTO LIMITED ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. It is important that any personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
By visiting our website http://geocento.com/
(our website) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this policy together with any information or notices we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation (which means for the periods in which they are in force, (i) the Data Protection Act 1998 (ii) with effect from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ((EU) 2016/679) until the GDPR is no longer directly applicable in the UK and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK and (iii) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act and referred to in this policy as the DPL), the data controller is Geocento Limited registered at Farthings Stoke Road, Hurstbourne Tarrant, Andover, Hampshire, SP11 0BA.
We have appointed Kim C. Partington as our nominated representative for the purpose of the DPL who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this policy. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your legal rights please contact our nominated representative using the details set out below:
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Geocento Limited, Farthings, Stoke Road, Hurstbourne Tarrant, Andover SP11 0BA, United Kingdom.
Telephone number: +44(0)7796 956594.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues www.ico.org.uk
. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and process the following types of personal data about you:Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, submit an order with us, apply for a job vacancy, subscribe to our blog, search for a product or information, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph, or other details about you.Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with the following third parties and may receive information about you from them:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
Search information suppliers;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services;
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources;
- Image suppliers who we work with to provide you with any imagery;
- Our analytics partners who we work with to provide you with any value-added imagery products or services.COOKIES
.USES MADE OF THE INFORMATIONInformation you give to us.
We will use this information:
We only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data unless you have expressly agreed to receive communications from us or specific third parties. You may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting our nominated representative Kim Partington. Most commonly we will use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between youand us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you, or (subject to the terms below relating to disclosure of information) permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which we provided to you or discussed providing to you. If you are a new customer, and where (subject to the terms below relating to disclosure of information) we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please indicate this is the case by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to improve our services and offering to you;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Where this is necessary to provide information, products or services that you request from us (e.g. providing your personal information to our dealers, sub-contractors, importers or similar);
- Subject to your express consent, for general marketing purposes until you advise us that you do not wish your data to be used in this way in which case please indicate this is the case by emailing us at email@example.com
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Geocento Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the DPL. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Whenever we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, or we permit our suppliers to do so we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards are in place:
- We will only permit the transfer of your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide as adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in the EEA.
- Where we use providers based in the USA we may transfer personal data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield, which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data as if it was shared between two EEA based entities.
Please contact us if you require further information regarding the storage of your personal data. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and our regulator the ICO of a breach where we are legally required to do so.YOUR RIGHTS
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. We will retain personal data for up to 2 years from the time you provide the data in order to facilitate follow-up business enquiries. It we have not received consent to retain this data and/or it is not relevant to a legitimate active business enquiry, we will delete the data. To determine the appropriate retention periods we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure and the purposes for which we process that personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about customers for six years for tax purposes.
In some cases we anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you and obtain your express consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.