From everyone at Geocento we wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!*
What a year we’ve had; here’s a round up of the key updates we’ve made to our products and services this year.
– We have been working on a satellite imaging platform for Malaysian clients through the UK Space Agency funded EASOS project since the beginning of the year. The EASOS Datahub is operational and we have been procuring imagery on a regular basis.
– Provided continued support and development for the UK national portal for Copernicus imagery (SEDAS) or the UK Space Agency and Satellite Applicaitons Catapult. Additional data sets that have been added this year include, Sentinel-2 ARD, Sentinel-1 OCN and AIRSAR.
– Beijing SpaceView’s SuperView Imagery made available in EarthImages.
– Re-designed the satellite imaging platform developed by us for E-Geos with a view to being publicly released in Q1 2019.
– EU SME instruments phase 1 grant award enabled us to develop our new EarthImages API solution, backbone to many of our latest technology projects and soon to be open for commercial applications.
– Worked on our new Chatbot (natural language processing) feature which when launched in Q1 2019 will facilitate easier access to imagery for inexperienced (and even experienced) users.
– Due to continued business growth, Geocento were pleased to welcome Heidi Herbert to the Harwell team. Her technical knowledge combined with her sales experience has been utilised to streamline our business processes and in turn make it easier to access our EarthImages.
– A successful cloud masking internship utilising a deep learning methodology.
– Our updated EarthImages platform which includes PlanetScope data was rolled out to 5-10 users prior to full launch which is expected in Q1 2019.
– Over 8 million new scenes have been added since the beginning of the year, that’s the equivalent of 16 new images every minute!
– Increased imagery sales by 250% over the course of the year with users from over 70 countries, spanning multiple market sectors. Key new markets include Forestry, Media, Urban Planning and Financial.
And what do we have in store for you in 2019? Well keep an eye on our website for the launch of our new and Improved EarthImages Platform as well as exciting updates to our aerial suppliers.
* Please be aware that the office will be closed on 25th, 26th Dec and the 1st of January over the festive period. We will be available between these times but there may be a delay in our response. Our normal business operations will resume on the 2nd of January.