Are you an ambitious young professional who is excited by the possibility of a career in the UK space sector, one of the UK’s most high profile growth markets? We have a great opportunity for you! About Geocento
We are a small but forward-looking business that provides technology-enabled access to imagery of our planet from satellites and airborne platforms. To date, we have delivered images to customers located in 59 countries, providing information on construction of ports, damage assessment from disasters, monitoring of sensitive habitats, media pictures of events, and a host of other applications, from all around the world. This is all offered through our industry-leading EarthImages web application, which is underpinned by agreements with a wide range of satellite and airborne image suppliers. In addition, we have implemented 20 R&D projects and currently, we are developing an innovative service that will greatly enhance our technology portfolio. Job description
We are looking for a young person (junior specialist) to join our team as an Operations Assistant to coordinate and maintain our large image supplier network
The role involves managing the process of maintaining existing supplier requirements, information and content, adding new suppliers to our EarthImages web application and supporting project management. The successful candidate will work closely with sales, marketing, technology development and other roles within the company to ensure that the business is able to respond to supplier developments in capabilities.
This position is perfect for a career start, working as part of a small but growing team to build up knowledge of many elements of the business and the space sector in general. Our multi-disciplinary team will help you grow your professional skills allowing you to develop a strong foundation for a career in this exciting sector.Mandatory requirement:
- Be eligible for the UK Kickstart Scheme for 16 to 24 year olds and claiming Universal Credit.What we expect from you:
- You are self-motivated with strong organizational skills and attentiveness to detail.
- You don’t get bothered with routine tasks, you are responsive in a timely manner to requests and ready to assist with the management of daily operational supplier activities.
- You are ready to handle a variety of tasks to help ensure the smooth daily operations of our business.
- You are passionate about technology, aim to contribute to our corporate goals, bring initiatives and ideas how to better engage with our suppliers, and support the development of new opportunities.
- You are able to work with others in teams, both formal and informal.What you will get:
- Kickstart scheme compensation with the clear opportunity for permanent employment for the right individual.
- Flexible working (office vs home) after an initial period.
- Respect of work-life balance and your personal space and values.
- Stimulating working environment – our office is located at Harwell Campus where you will meet an engaged community of Space and IT professionals, get access to training programs, networking, social activities and clubs of like-minded people.
- Interesting and innovative projects from around the world.
- Opportunity to be mentored and grow with the support of an expert team.Sounds like a good career opportunity? Please, send your CV and a cover letter indicating why you are ideal for the role to email@example.com